Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Reading Friends
As I looked forward to having my own classroom one day I started collecting little book characters to put in a future reading corner. Now, my little characters have a classroom to look forward to as they will be going to the 3rd grade in August! The characters that will be joining my 3rd classroom are:
-The Very Hungry Caterpillar (my first character)
-The Cat in the Hat
-The Mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...." (my all time favorite picture book)
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Curious George
- Despereaux
- Peter Rabbit (a gift from my 2nd grade student teaching placement teacher and class)
- Curdory
- And Snoopy, an owl, and a frog
I hope my students will have fun reading with our reading characters!
Now if only I had books to put in my reading corner.......That is my most pressing shopping need right now! (Or so I feel like it is...) I have some rummaging to do through my childhood books and hopefully I can get to a book store, thrift store, garage sale, 2nd hand book store, etc. soon!
Any recommendations for good 3rd grade books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would suggest gaining your classroom library or personal library of books through scholastic book clubs - bonus points etc as well as going to places like goodwill. But honestly most of my books have come via scholastic- my money and bonus points (same with my listening center books)
ReplyDeletePrimary Connections
Thanks for the great suggestion, Beth! I am certainly going to sign up with Scholastic and start buying from them. :)
ReplyDelete