I report back officially to work on the 6th. I can't believe how close that is! I'm looking forward to the new school year though. At least this year I will have a better feel for what is coming and know a little more what I am doing. I'm looking forward to not having everything be completely new!
Over the past two weeks I have flown back to CA from AL, found a new apartment, and moved (which explains the huge gap in my posting). Craziness! But I am settled in my new place now and ready to seriously being thinking and planning for school. This week I went by campus to pick up all my teacher books to start doing some planning. I stopped by the office to say hello to the wonderful people there and it was so nice to be back.
Currently my new kitchen counter/table (it's a tiny apartment!) looks like this:
I went to Lakeshore yesterday to use some coupons and got my free plan book for the year! Exciting!
But in the midst of planning, I also feel pretty overwhelmed especially when I read through blogs and look at Pinterest. As much as I love those two things, there are just way too many great ideas out there! I might just have to take a break from them for now until I decide 100% on how I want to do things in my classroom this year. Does anyone else ever feel overwhelmed by the abundance of great ideas out there thanks to wonderful blogs and Pinterest??
I know just how you feel! I am moving back to third grade after eight years so I am dealing with a mix of changing buildings and grade, digging through my old stuff and all of the great ideas on the Internet. I am still looking and reading but not really thinking about how they apply to me. I think I need to focus on what I have and what I know rather than take on a bunch of new. I tried to prioritize. My first goal is to unpack and set up my room with what I have. Good luck and try to take one thing at a time.
ReplyDeleteChristine
Leapingintothird.blogspot.com