Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Crafty Day

In my attempt to be a bit more creative and crafty, I have been working on a couple of projects today I wanted to share. 

First, I found these great magnetic strips at Lakeshore last week. I decided to use them for the daily schedule I post on the board each day. I typed out the name of the events/subjects we have during the day. After cutting them out I glued them on to the magnetic strips and finished off by covering them with contact paper for extra protection. 


Then I decided to get really crafty. I bought a glue gun and ribbon. Along with those supplies I got a pizza pan from the Dollar Tree and some round magnets.


I then turned the pizza pan into a magnetic attendance board!


Behind each magnet is a number. Since each of my students have a number based on alphabetical order in our class, all they have to do in the morning is grab a magnet and place it on their number to mark their attendance.


I'm going to attempt a couple of other projects today but we will see if they actually turn out! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Great idea!! Love the attendance board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative attendance board. I love it! Thank you for sharing your projects.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got totally inspired by your project and ran to the Dollar Tree. Did you get the magnets there? I couldn't find them and I AM SO SAD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, no I didn't find the magnets there. That was the most tricky thing to find! I finally found those round ones at Staples. Pretty decent price, too. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. I'll Definately be checking into that. I wanted 3 different colors so the board could serve as an attendance and lunch choice board. One color for hot lunch, cold lunch, and home lunch. I'm on a mission now!!! Thanks for replying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on both of your projects! I'm a new follower. Glad I found you!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete