Today I got to meet my third grade students and parents! How exciting!! And slightly overwhelming/intimidating, but overall, it was great! Here are a few of the questions I was asked today over and over:
- "Benscooooter? Is that right?" "Umm...no it is Benscoter with a long o...haha"
- "Where are you from?" "Alabama." "Whoa! But you don't sound like you are from there." "No...no I don't really..."
- "How long have you been here?" "3 weeks!" "Only 3 weeks! My goodness! And what do you think of the Bay Area so far?" "Well I haven't really seen the area much yet....I have only seen the school, my apartment, and Target"
And so on and so forth. :) It was fun meeting everyone! The parents are the most wonderful parents who are very supportive and seem very happy to have a new young teacher. My students are great and seem full of life! I will definitely have my hands full ;)
So, I am looking forward to tomorrow but I am also nervous about the first day! Ahh...but it will be good. Tonight we had a Back to School BBQ with K-12 and parents, etc. It was a great time. All the teachers helped out manning a booth (I was at the Bouncy House). It was exhausting but so much fun! I got to meet many more parents and just being around kids in general energized me and reminded me why I was doing what I was doing. Overall, a great but exhausting day! Who knows what will happen tomorrow. Let's just hope my first earthquake doesn't happen during the first day of school.....haha....But no, seriously...let's hope not. :)
Below are pictures of my finished classroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment