Today was my first official day of work! We started the day with a brief meeting and then were able to work all afternoon in our rooms (praise the Lord!). My first task of the day was to transfer 3rd grade material (books, manipulatives, etc) from the old 3rd grade room to my room. This involved 3 trips with a cart full of heavy items dragging it across the parking lot and then stopping at the bottom of stairs to carry it up. Thankfully, the new 2nd grade teacher offered to help me and so it got done faster than I first thought it would. Here is the result:
I was also welcomed by finding that the bookshelf I requested has been delivered to my room!!! YAY! I immediately got to work on my reading corner. :) Here is what it looks like so far:
On Saturday when I came in to clean the cabinets I also decided to hang up my attendance tracker. Here is it so far without the cute little owls the students will move from "Home" to "School":
I also hung up a welcome banner. More work to come on this but here it is so far:
Oh and I started a writing corner (I think that is what it will turn out to be):
On top of this I also rid my room of all the spider webs and spiders that had taken up residence in it. There were a lot! But with a vacuum, a chair to climb on, and 2 hours later they were all gone!
A lot going on and it is all a little overwhelming but it is good! The other teachers and the administrators are so encouraging and supporting - such a blessing! Looking forward to see what I can get done tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment