Thanks to Megan at Blackboard and Beyond for sharing about Xtra Math! What a fabulous website to help students practice their math facts! I'm loving it. Hopefully the link connected to the image below works. If not, you can find the website by simply typing in xtramath.org
After seeing Megan's post I looked into Xtra Math and quickly signed my class up for it. We have began multiplication fact drills and this is a great way for my students to have a bit of extra practice. Plus, what kid doesn't like doing something on the computer? :-)
At fist I thought my students would just do it at home as we do not have any student computers available in the classroom. But, then I decided that we do still have a computer in the classroom, so why not let the kids use it? So this past week I had my students take turns coming up to sit at my desk to do Xtra Math on my computer. They loved it and I was happy for the extra math practice they were getting in!
There are several features I really like about Xtra Math. One, the way it gives you a report on each student's usage and progress. Two, the fact that it is easy to adjust the individual level of the program for each student. Three, that it celebrates success through providing a certificate for when a student finishes a level. Four, it is fun, easy, and a great learning tool for quick math fact recall. Great program!

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I have a Blog Award for you! Come by when you get a chance and pick it up here...
ReplyDeletehttp://theteacherschatterbox.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-award.html
I just gave you the Liebster Award on my blog! Check it out :)
ReplyDeleteLiving A Wonderful Life
P.S. I just saw Rebecca's comment...oops...you may have gotten it twice! :)