Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pen Pals!

This past week in English we learned where to put commas in letters, addresses, and dates. To practice this practically I have set up my third grade class to be pen pals with a third grade class in Alabama for the year! The neat thing is, the 3rd grade class in Alabama is also at a small Christian school and my dad is the principal of that school. Gotta love connections to make things easier. :)

So, we wrote letters to our Alabama pen pals on Thursday. I had the students put their letters in an envelope so they could practice addressing envelopes. I then put all the letters into a large envelope and mailed them today!


My students asked so many questions about Alabama. One of which made me laugh (it was either laugh or cry about it...hehe). He asked, "Do they write in the dirt in Alabama?" No, dear....Alabama is not a third world country....I wonder what misconceptions the Alabama students will have about California? This should be a great learning experience for everyone involved!

Here are some class pictures I printed off and stuck in the envelope for our pen pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment