I am just beaming and ready to leap for joy over here!
One of my students has made amazing improvements this last week and I am just floored! He came in on Monday and was focused, motivated, worked quickly and accurately, did not argue with me once this entire week (which is AMAZING), has only gotten one "reminder tally" (our school discipline system), and has gotten many pluses ("reward tallies") instead. I do not know what has motivated him or why he has suddenly changed his mind about school, but I pray that it will continue. Today he finished his work quickly, smiled at me, grabbed his book report book, was on his way to the reading corner to read, stopped, turned around, and pushed in his chair! I about fell to floor. I couldn't believe the change that has come upon him! I wish I knew what happened but WOW! I don't have to know, so long as it continues. :-) I just want to leap for joy over how proud I am of him and also cry tears of happiness at seeing this precious little one making changes for the better in his life.
I suppose looking back at the year we have made a lot of small improvements together. At first he would stand three feet away from me to ask me a question. Then he would come up beside me. Then he would actually touch shoulders with me. One day he gave me a hug. And then he always smiled in greeting me. And now he has reached the point where he doesn't feel the need to argue, is motivated to do his best, and actually looks like he enjoys school. Can I get a "Praise the Lord!"?! I am just so thankful and in awe over the changes that happen in little ones lives. God is a great God and I love seeing His hands at work in such real ways in the lives of my students.
Please pray that this little one continues to be motivated and to do his best.
Liz, that's amazing! Thank God!
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing! PTL indeed!
ReplyDeleteJourney of a Substitute Teacher