Saturday, February 4, 2012

Glad it is Saturday

This week was a full week and just plain wore me out. I'm thankful it is Saturday!

Monday was a typical day with no huge surprises.

Tuesday had a surprise in it. One of my students threw an all out temper tantrum..Unfortunately these are one thing that makes my patience disappear quicker than anything...I'm working on that.

Tuesday was also Parent Night. I stayed up at school without going home because I live about 30 minutes from school and didn't see the point. I brought a Mountain Dew with me and stopped by Chipotle with a fellow teacher for dinner which helped me make it through the night. :-)

Parent Night was a great success! I had 11 of my 15 families come by! There were also a lot of second grade families that stopped by to see who I was and to check out my classroom. It was a fun night to see all my parents and to meet potential future parents as well. I had a projector going with pictures from the year - which was a huge success. Everyone who stopped in loved seeing the pictures. I also had a science table set up where my third graders could share with their parents how to make a compass. We learned that last week in science and they were eager to share their knowledge with their moms and dads. Everyone loved seeing that as well! I laid out the books my students have written and their morning "Wake Up Your Brain" journals so their parents could see what they have been writing in school.

Wednesday included a second temper tantrum. Thursday did as well....But, Friday there was none! I'm thankful for that. I am praying that this student will continue to make progress and that we (myself and the administrators) will have wisdom as we work through this with this little one.

The twins in my class are out until Wednesday and so I only have a class of 13 for a few days. Amazing how much smaller it seems with two students missing.

I started working on switching out wall decorations for February on Friday. I will post a picture later!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment