Sunday, June 24, 2012

TRAVEL when you read!

I wanted to share what I have been working on today. I decided I wanted to implement a new way to do reading in my classroom next year and came up with the acronym TRAVEL to express what I wanted my students to be able to do with the text we read not only in our reading curriculum, but also in science, history,  book reports, etc. TRAVEL seems to be the perfect word for reading goals, because books can certainly take you places! :-)


Today I created the posters that I will use in my reading corner as the anchors for our reading goals throughout the year. I have the general ideas of how I want to implement this next year, but I just have to get it into writing. As I think through it more and finish writing out my thoughts I will post them to my blog.


What does TRAVEL stand for? Well, I'm glad you asked!


What are you thoughts?

PS I would love to start sharing things I create for use in my classroom, but since I don't have a TpT store and I am not sure how to do this....Any advice? (For now, if you want a copy of the above posters you can leave a message below with your email address I can send it to you.) 

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Each letter has great meaning! I would go for it on TpT! I just started mine today. It was pretty easy to do. Check out my freebie I just put on TpT. They are Reader's Workshop mini lessons for the first 5 days. Anyway, I would love a copy of this! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Allison
    www.busyteacherlove.blogspot.com
    allisonbmathews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I just emailed you. :-) thanks for sharing about your freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I would love a copy! Thank you!
    nicole@pursuedbylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! It'll be perfect for my safari themed classroom. The border around your paper matches my zebra border on my boards. Thanks again for sharing!

    Jenny
    http://teachingthird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just followed your blog and I will be teaching 3rd grade for the first time this coming school year. I have 9 years exp. 6 in 2nd grade, 2 in kdg and 1 in 5th grade. I am looking for any resources for 3rd grade. I would love a copy of the travel posters for reading.
    tonyabdye@gmail.com

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! I would love to have a copy of these letters--I am only teaching reading this year and I really want to push the theme! :)

    kmbrown25@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Please send me a copy of your TRAVEL posters. Thanks for your time and for sharing your wonderful work.

    Kim
    Khenry22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a copy, thanks! queenstacey25@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a copy of this! I am planning on doing a travel theme, and this is my first year teaching! (3rd grade)
    Thanks :) My email is: markhamlaura@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just notified of Laura's comment wanting a copy. Did everyone else get a copy as well? For some reason I'm afraid my email notifications of comments was not working as it should be. If you did not get an email from me with this document attached, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your TRAVEL as you read posters, and would love a copy! Thank you! clambert@ccisd.net
    Ceresa

    ReplyDelete